Declaration of independence
Yellow Textbook - pgs. 236 - 240
STEP 1: Annotate the text
Read and Mark the Text for the entire Declaration of Independence using the directions below.
AUDIO OF READING OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
STEP 2: ANswer the Guide Questions & Follow Up
Answer the Guide Questions below the Marking the Text directions on the document to the right...or download the document below. Make sure to answer all questions, including the Follow-Up paragraph at the end. Directions on how to complete the follow up paragraph are at the bottom of this page.
Should Include the following:
- Sentence 1 - Topic Sentence - state what you are trying to prove
- Sentence 2 - Quote #1 - include the line #
- Sentence 3 - Explanation of how quote relates to your topic sentence
- Sentence 4 - Quote #2 - include the line #
- Sentence 5 - Explanation of how quote relates to your topic sentence
- Sentence 6 - Conclusion